2016 Athena Award Finalists Announced
March 27, 2016
The Washington County Chamber of Commerce has announced the finalists for the 2016 Washington County Athena Award. They are:
- Teresa Babyak, director of operations with Washington Health System, Washington Physicians Group
- Joyce D. Ellis, executive director of the LeMoyne Community Center
- Dr. Natalie Furgiuele of Mon-Vale Specialty Practices
- Jana Grimm, a lawyer with Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- Geraldine M. Jones, interim president at California University of Pennsylvania
The Athena Award is an internationally recognized award that honors women’s leadership within the business and civic communities.
“The award promotes women’s leadership by honoring exceptional individuals in the community who contribute in significant ways to the achievements of women and women’s leadership issues,” said Jeff Kotula, president of the chamber.
“As our 2016 finalists demonstrate, we are very fortunate that Washington County’s businesswomen have taken leadership roles in both our civic and business communities.”
The 2016 award will be presented during a lunch presentation May 6 at the Hilton Garden Inn, Pittsburgh/Southpointe.
For more information, call the Washington County Chamber of Commerce at 724-225-3010.